If you’ve ever spent time at Project Spaces, you know just how much we love bumping awesome music in our lounges.
And for those of you who haven’t, it’s part of the DNA of our space.
For us, it just feels like such an integral part of the workday. It gets us inspired and fired up for a productive day ahead, and it also helps us get in the zone when we need to get things done.
It also helps us maintain a fun, coffee shop style vibe that you can feel the moment you start coming up the stairs. It makes every day a little different, and we just love it.
So, we thought we’d share our favourite work playlists with you, including some inspired by some awesome Toronto businesses, in hopes that these tunes help supercharge your workday too.
If you’ve ever been to Toronto’s renowned Bar Raval, you’ve probably noticed their music selection is on point. We tap into their playlist quite often at Project Spaces because it’s got a perfect vibe for an energetic workspace. The playlist is called Big Blow (African Disco Funk) and if that’s not the perfect descriptor for it, we don’t know what would be.
Another Toronto staple—and also located between our two Project Spaces locations—Chubby’s Jamaican Kitchen has a great playlist composed of Jamaican legends like Popcaan and Vybz Kartel alongside a wide variety of other bangers (like Ed Sheeran).
Turn on this 90-minute playlist courtesy of Arlo Hotels in NYC and Miami any time you’re in need of a quick mood boost to power you through a work task or at-home project. From Chaka Khan to KAYTRANADA, Anderson .Paak, GoldLink, and beyond, this one will get you fired up.
Located between PS Camden and PS King West, the Ace Hotel is about to open in Toronto and they’ve got some incredible tunes on their soundtrack. This is a great playlist to throw on if you want to chill out and get work done, and it features the likes of James Blake, ODESZA, Rufus du Sol, and more.
Toronto’s Aloette restaurants serve up great food and even better beats, and they’ve got not one but five incredible playlists serving up hip hop and R&B that we like to run through at Project Spaces.
- AE 5: From new songs to the classics, this hip hop-heavy playlist will get you fired up for your workday. You’ll hear tracks from Kanye to Pusha T, Desiigner, Big Sean, and Dreamville Records.
- Alo Fall 19: Looking for some smooth jams? You’ll love this playlist that features everyone from Toronto legends Majid Jordan and PARTYNEXTDOOR to Mase, Memphis Bleek, Kanye West, Mobb Deep, and more.
- ALO 2020: When the first song is Touch the Sky by Kanye West, you know what you’re going to be in for with this playlist. Honourable mention also goes to Excuse Me Miss by Jay-Z.
- Alo Midsummer: Staying true to its name, this playlist features all the songs you can imagine yourself relaxing to on a warm summer night in Toronto. Here you’ll find tracks from The Roots, Childish Gambino, Miguel, and many more.
- Cook ‘em!: Mixing it up a bit, this playlist is all hype, featuring Northeast Groovers, Chuck Brown, Jorja Smith, and more.
Everything we do at Project Spaces is geared towards making your workdays better—and that includes maintaining an unbeatable vibe.
If you want to groove while you work, then come join us at Project Spaces!
We’re a community of supportive, like-minded, Toronto-based professionals doing what we love, and enjoying each other's company while we do it. We'd love to have you.
Founder-friendly coworking in downtown Toronto for entrepreneurs and digital nomads. We create original workspaces, fill them with relentless entrepreneurs, and watch the magic happen. Learn more